Amazon launched their e-reader Kindle on time. With this app, you can transform your smartphone into a Kindle and enjoy all the options that come with the real device.
The app allows you to read Kindle e-books on your smartphone, just as if it was a Kindle Reader. The interface is simple and intuitive, as it should be on an e-reader: tap the side of the screen to turn a page forward, pinch to zoom in and so on. You can change the font size and the background color, search for a topic or look up the meaning of a word in an online dictionary. You can also access the Kindle store and choose from the books and promotions, get sample extracts and so on.
Amazon Mobile belongs to Amazon.com. This is an official app.
Wanted a Kindle but couldn't afford it? Got a smartphone? Ok, so you won’t have the Kindle screensize, but you'll have a smartphone that acts just like the real thing.Tags: new ebooks, leggere ebook su ibooks o kindle, kindle – read books, ebooks, magazines, newspapers & textbooks, vergleich readbooks.
Developer's original description available here
Developer's original description available hereThe Kindle app is optimized for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, giving users the ability to read Kindle books, newspapers, magazines, textbooks and PDFs on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You’ll have access to over 1,000,000 books plus hundreds of newspapers and magazines. Amazon Whispersync automatically syncs your last page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights across devices (including Kindle), so you can pick up your book where you left off on another device.
Get the best reading experience available on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch:
• Customize your reading experience by choosing margin size, line spacing, background color, font size, font style, and either portrait or landscape format.
• Tap and hold text to quickly highlight important sections, easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages.
• Exclusive to Kindle, X-Ray lets you see the “bones of the book” and learn more about notable characters, places, and phrases with descriptions from Shelfari and Wikipedia. (English Titles Only)
• Collections: Easily categorize books, docs, and magazines with a few, easy taps.
• Instant dictionary word lookup with 250,000 entries and definitions. Tap and hold a word to view the definition. You can also use previously purchased Dictionaries, such as medical, legal, or other translation references.
• Search inside the book to find a character, topic, or section you want to revisit.
• Simply tap on either side of the screen or flick to turn pages.
• Our Whispersync technology syncs your last page read, notes, bookmarks, and highlights across devices, so you can pick up where you left off.
• Read hundreds of newspapers and magazines including The Economist, Reader’s Digest, Martha Stewart Living, and Food Network Magazine with high resolution color images.
• Email PDFs & other documents to your new Send-to-Kindle e-mail address and we deliver them to your device. The documents are automatically archived in the Amazon Cloud and available for re-download on your iOS or supported Kindle devices. You can also read PDFs from Mail, Safari, or by transferring them from iTunes.
• Use the Notebook in your Print Replica textbooks to review your bookmarks, highlights, notes. Tag and filter the most important items to study.
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired customers to navigate their Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more. Enable VoiceOver in your device settings to begin. A quick reference to gestures can be found under the FAQ section in settings.